My Favorite Author:
Though my favorite book is by Jodi Picoult, my favorite writer is J.K
Rowling. I like her Harry Potter series. I espescially like how she can tie together the Harry Potter stories but making it
so you don't have to read all of the books. I also like how even though she lets people make movies about her stories, she
is still very invovled in the process. And usually authors stories end up being not as good as the movies they are made into,
but not hers. If I wrote stories I would want them to be in the style that J.K tolkien writes them in.
For more info on J.K Rowling click here
How to Help People younger than you get involved in
Getting your younger brother or sister, your own children, or grandchildren
involved in reading isn't as hard as you think it is. Most poeple who try to get their kids into reading by just givng them
a book and askng them to read it. But believe me it will not work! Below are some basic steps on how to keep your child
an active reader;
- Start reading to your child as early as possible, even
every once and a while when your child is still a baby.
- It's best, if you have time, to teach your child to read
during kinder garden. You may think it will be to early, but it will help your child to succeed.
- Always start off giving your child easy books to read,
with interesting pictures, and a with a subject they like.
- While youre child gets older still read to them every
- Try reading while your children are playing,if they see
you reading they might want to pick up a book as well.
- Have a specific day in which you go book hunting, at libraries,
a book store, or even in your own book collection. Try once every two weeks, it gives you enough time to read and it is usually
every two weeks that books are due at libraries.
- When a book is being made into a movie try and tell them
that if they read the book that they can see the movie (I know bribery is bad ,but this helps).
- And finnaly encourage your child, they need your support
Those are my helpful hints on how to keep your kids activley reading. I hope
they work. My parents used these rules on me and know reading is one of my favorite things to do.
Lead and They will follow!